As a Technical Writer, you will be part of the Unified Content Services team. Unified Content Services is dedicated to helping customers be self-sufficient and reducing calls to customer support. You need to anticipate the questions customers will ask, to create content that is accurate and easy to find, ensuring customer success.
You will interact with all the levels of the organization, but more closely with developers, customer support, marketing, and training. This is a highly collaborative position that requires creativity and attention to detail.
You will be given coaching and guidance to succeed at your work. Onboarding is provided with training about our products, as well as training on tools and processes used, such as Kanban and DITA. Unified Content Services is a supportive group where innovation and ideas are welcomed and encouraged. We want you to be challenged and thrive!
What your day will look like:
- Design and create content (text and graphics) that helps customers be self-sufficient, thereby reducing calls to support
- Participate in user interface reviews to make our products easier to use
- Work as part of a team, writing in a common style
- Collaborate with content creators across the organization to develop and document content guidelines
- Grasp complex technical concepts by experimenting with software and interviewing developers, and technical support teams
- Gather and incorporate feedback from internal and external customers
- 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Proven track record in communicating complex technical information to different types of audiences (beginners, intermediate, and advanced) in text, visuals, or video
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and deliver high-quality content
- Comfortable communicating with a variety of stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Knowledge of technical writing methods, trends, and technologies, such as structured authoring, single sourcing, reuse, and so on
Great if you have:
- Knowledge of DITA and XML-based authoring tools
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Captivate, Camtasia, and so on)
- Portfolio of your work (text, and visuals)
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to communicate in French
Let's talk perks!
- Attractive compensation package
- Training Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Subsidized meals in our amazing Bistro (Les Cordons Bleus)
- Work-life balance with a flexible working schedule
- Free, unlimited coffee
- Private, free parking for all employees
- Onsite fitness facility with personal trainer
Would you like to know what it looks like to work at Genetec? Click on the following link to find out for yourself! Genetec Culture
Thank you for your application, but please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Head-hunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumés/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers.Apply for this job